Let exotic places and rich cultures inspire your home, wardrobe or creative project with Destination to Inspiration—a series of curated collections, mood boards and designs sparked by a life of travel.
Disclosure: I may earn compensation from the purchase of any product or service linked on this website, at no extra cost to you. I only link to products I use and love, therefore feel comfortable recommending.
Australia, my homeland, didn’t feel that unique or exotic growing up. However, with senses refreshed from 7 years of expat life and travel around the world, I can see Australia’s “beauty, rich and rare” through the eyes of a stranger and it’s amazing! These days, whenever I return to the Great Southern Land, I try to approach it the way I do less familiar places. I don’t accept things at surface level, but ask “why” much more often and try to take in the sights, sounds and smells like I will never have the chance again.
- Desert Fringe-rush Seed Dreaming – Indigenous artwork by Maisie Napurrurla Wayne.
- Donna Hay Week Light – I’ve never met a Donna Hay cookbook I didn’t love. Her food is so fresh, simple and reflective of contemporary Australian life.
- Canvas Mugs – Earthy, Aussie-made ceramics by Robert Gordon Australia.
- Liquid Harmony one-piece swimsuit – Native Swimwear make their swimwear from recycled nylon printed with authentic Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander designs.
- Hand Care Kit – Grown Alchemist have been one of my favourite local skincare brands for years. Their products are particularly great for dry hands.
- Banksia Cushion – Bonnie and Neil make the most delightfully Australian homewares. Their style is colourful, contemporary and super cool.
- Wishbone Bangle Stack – Dinosaur Designs’ chunky, resin jewellery brings life to any outfit.
Inspired to visit Australia? You can find my essential Australia travel guide here.
Peace, love & inspiring travel,