Be inspired by exotic places and rich cultures through Destination to Inspiration—a series of mood boards and curated mini-collections inspired by far off places, unique cultures and other international influences I have gathered on my travels.
Faded blushes, buttery yellows, indigo blues and rusty hues, that’s what Indochine dreams are made of… a palette of muted colours found all over Vietnam. From the historic Imperial Citadel of Hue to the hazy sunsets of Ha Long Bay, the Presidential Palace of Hanoi to the lantern-strung streets of Hoi An, these pastel chromas appeared again and again throughout my time in Vietnam. Enjoy a little Indocine dreaming of your own with these fashion and homeware items created and inspired by Vietnam.
Disclosure: I may earn compensation from the purchase of any product or service linked on this website, at no extra cost to you. I only link to products I use and love, therefore feel comfortable recommending.
- Silk lantern – Jacquard silk and bamboo lanterns handmade in Hoi An, Vietnam.
- Raw Coconut Butter – Coconut Religion’s travel size “Jungle to Jar” coconut butter is handmade in the Mekong Delta.
- Patchwork bag – Upcycled from Vietnamese Fish Feed and Cement Bags, Recycled Bags Co make, totes, messenger bags and clutches like this one in Indochine neighbor, Cambodia.
- Miss Anh Portrait Cushion – French designer Eugenie Darge was inspired to create her bold designs by vintage photographs of Vietnamese women. These cushion covers are printed by Vietnamese printers and sewn by local craftspeople.
- Lacquerware hexagon plates – Lacquerware is a traditional Vietnamese craft. These modern, hexagonal Nhu Y plates are perfect for your next party.
- “Annam Soldier” print – Two Ho Chi Minh City artists are behind Kaa Illustration, creators of this and other Disney-worthy prints.
- Batik Stripe Dress – A perfect blend of traditional and contemporary influences are at work in this Kilomet 109 batik stripe dress, created by Thao Vu’s under her slow fashion label.
Ready to jetset off on your own Indochine Dream to Vietnam? Arm yourself with the info in this post: Amazing Places to Visit in Vietnam, to get your planning underway.
Peace, love & inspiring travel,