There aren’t that many things to do on blissful Boracay Island and that’s a good thing! This is the kind of island escape you make to laze in nothingness for a few days, topping up your suntan and getting away from it all. Even go-go-go cultural travellers like us need a place of great natural beauty, excellent food, cocktails, tropical weather and a sun lounger to briefly float through life on. Now the Island’s had a 6-month hiatus from tourists and new restrictions on visitor numbers are in place, there’s no better time to explore these fun things to do on Boracay.
Things to do on Boracay Island
Here are a few ways to get some vitamin-sea, adventure and zen moments while on Boracay Island:
- See the Island from another perspective by parasailing overhead just off Bulabog Beach. If you prefer something closer to earth, you might try kite-surfing instead, but that will require some more physical exertion.
- Eat! For an island that isn’t overly simple to access nor cart around supplies, the food here was impressive. Of course, seafood should be your first choice.
- Visit Puka Shell (Yapak) Beach, the Island’s quiet northern shore. The sand is coarse and there aren’t really any food outlets up this way, so Puka Shell tends to be less touristed than White or Bulabog Beaches. Pack some drinks and snacks, and spend a few hours in a more secluded spot.
- Hidden around the northern headland from White Beach is Diniwid Beach. This small, sandy haven is home to the most upscale Boracay resorts. Take the bamboo lift up to the bar at Nami Resort and enjoy drinks with a spectacular panoramic view.
- The adventuress can take a day trip off the Island to go cliff diving at Ariel’s Point.
- Take in unbelievable Boracay sunsets from west-facing, White Beach, while enjoying happy hour on a resort sun lounge or from onboard a Paraw.
For more inspiring island destinations see:
- Inside a Postcard Perfect Maldives Experience
- 8 Things to do in the Cook Islands
- 10-day Hawaii Itinerary | Highlights of Maui & Oahu
Peace, love and inspiring travel,